Johnstown State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Johnstown State University.
Johnstown State University is affiliated with and sponsored by nine (9) District Councils of the Assemblies of God and endorsed by the Alliance for AG Higher Education of the General Council of the Assemblies of God. The university is approved by the Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Service for the training of foreign students and by the State Approving Agency of the State of Florida for the training of veterans and the dependents of veterans.
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE)
- American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Association for General and Liberal Studies (AGLS)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Association of Institutional Research (AIR)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- The Alliance for Assemblies of God Higher Education (The Alliance)
Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA)
- Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (COC)
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Council for Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences (CCAS)
- Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Florida Association of Colleges and Universities (FACU)
- Florida Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (FACTE)
- Florida Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (FACRAO)
- Florida League of Christian Schools (FLOCS)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida (ICUF)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletes (NAIA)
- National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA)
- National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC)
- National Religious Broadcasters (NRB)
- Southern Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (SACRAO)
Johnstown State University admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. The University reserves the right to withdraw a student for cause at any time.
Information provided by this catalog is subject to change without notice and does not constitute a contract between Johnstown State University and a student or an applicant for admission. Material included herein is based on information available as of Fall 2017.